African American History

(poems go here) We hold these truths to be self-evident, that if you are a minority then you are  irrelevent. And If you're not using drugs, then you must be selling it. Living in a world, where girls are no longer celibate
This is how I feel and poetry is the medium that I'm telling it.

Liberty is a boon, so you just might want to cherish it. From the 1619 Dutch Ships its  been a fight for African Americans. From Banneker and Wheatley going against the grain in America.  The merit that they attained, gained praise from Voltaire and Ben Frank. But they still thought thought blacks couldn't think, so they kept the fettered in iron clad chains. 

But headstrong they remained, because rebellion was a medium that freedom was attained. In 1800 there was Prosier, 1822 there was Vessy, 1831 Nat Turner, which got a little messy. 

Another way to escape was to run away through convoluted system trail blazed by Tubman. Then there was Douglass, who broke away from the proclaimed slave breaker Edward Covey. Who wrote his name in eternal flames by going against the grain to gain what he wanted. Johnson, Grant, Hayes,  hated him during reconstruction. Nevertheless he reconstructed the structure of what others perceived to be a democratic republic. 

13th Amendment passed but no genuine liberty yet.  Vagrancy laws, KKK, grandfather clause, literacy lest. Douglass was a pioneer of African American rights but let me introduce you to the rest.

Marcus Garvey took them back to Africa. While Du Bios' Movement in Niagara,  pleaded for action. Washington's Compromise in Atlanta,  parallel to a pacifist, said learn the tools of the trade then we can master it.

Civil rights aided Ida B Wells-Barnett, Jacob Lawrence's dark silhouettes,Langston Hughes poems of black misery, the 1920's was the best. 

1954 Brown vs. Board, 55 they killed that Till boy. In 63  they assassinated JFK. But Civil rights in 64, voting rights in 65, all thanks to LBJ. But  in 68 they got MLK.  Damn. 

We hold these truths to be self-evident the fruition of Kings dream was not a black president presiding on the basics of a nation still faced with racial prejudice. This is how I feel and poetry is the medium that I'm telling it.

BluDreamOfHers

This is too real. 3/3 props is not enough.