Because I Love You

Sun, 10/15/2017 - 16:57 -- Emmag

Because I love you,

I will be honest with you and make sure you trust me. Friendship builds on these qualities.

Because I love you, 

I will help you with things that trouble you and stress you out. We all have our down moments, and I will be by your side.

Because I love you,

I will be compassionate and forgiving. No one is perfect, so if you mess up, I will help you collect the scattered pieces of the mess off the ground and help put them back together again. 

Because I love you, 

I will tell you when you should do things differently and when you are wrong. I am here to help you improve yourself, even if it's not what you want to listen to.

Because I love you, 

I will accept you for you. We can have our own values and opinions. We can all have our faults. I care about the person within, not just the outside appearance. I have seen your mistakes but I won't look at you any less, because I love you.

Just know that because I love you, 

That doesn't always mean I can protect you from reality. The world is a fallen place, and as much as I try to prevent it, you will get hurt. Life is full of disappointments, but I will try to help you recover from those times.

Because I love you,

I will be there to the end of time. I will be there when you need me the most, because thats how real love is shown.