#BecauseILoveYou

Fri, 09/22/2017 - 19:31 -- Kayanna

If I aspired to be a flower then you'd be the soil that nourished me. If I wanted to travel, you'd be the gentle breeze pushing my sail along. Love isn't a word to you. Love is more than "to the moon and back". Love is the late night phone calls when I feel like I can't catch a break with a supportive voice on the other end. Love is knowing someone isn't perfect but, knowing they are a daisy in a field of roses. Love is you. Love is us. Love is caring. Love is strong. Love is gentle. Love is the whispering wind that carries a tune on a bad day. Love is pushing my hair back and motivating me to study harder.
Love isn't the ex that almost destroyed you. Love isn't black eyes hidden with makeup. Love isn't hurtful names that make death seem enjoyable. Love isn't him. Love isn't her. Love isn't wondering why they won't answer the phone for a week straight and only calling back to start an argument. Love isn't feeling so bad because you aren't enough.
Love is the saving grace that pulls you out of the darkness and breaks down all your walls. Love is constant encouragement and support. Love is helping you get past the trauma and the black eyes. Love is excepting you, and your flaws, and your lame sense of humor that they love. Love is you. Love is us.