Breeze La Spezia

Burning bright in the blue gaze of the midday encopanyment, I strode down the pebbled, board walk enjoying the very air of the day. Perplexed in every manner, the vertical cliff side structures to my right towered high reaching toward the peaks beyond which the inland curved into valleys with no end to border. The hue was mellow and still in the July deafly, calling no visitors in from what distant shores I will never hear of. Evening cabanas were stretched along the curving embankment of the wayside, cutting off at watchtower points glooming as if in a state of solemn, fearful allegiance. It made me smile to think that the war was over, all so long ago was it sense a terrible threat had harassed these shores, long before my hairs had grown. Sailors with their beards long and sickle towards their throats would barbate days in and out with a tail. Continuing as I reflected, I watched the market men work there splendid, linguistic magic over the shortcoming crowds, drawing coinage from their wallets and purses with the aroma of sweetened fruitlet on vines and stem. These muses’ call would have enchanted even I towards there pithy entrapments, yet had not a dime to thine name so amble I on. Cross the bobbing glaze to my left I watched the boats anchored to the sands below nod in agreement to the day’s perfection, with little sails upon the masts hollering hungry signs of pleasure towards the bay watchers on the way side. I began my thoughtful query of the deeds of the present day as ones of distant assure and longing, humble although for the presentation could not be more pleasant to query. My graceful promenade led to my inquired destination, which loomed but a hundred feet aloft a structure of rock and stone, the remnants of the castle had observed more hell then the pits of Hades could ever conjure upon the surface world. It was atop this stone I would read my assortment of daily scripts: wicked deviations, atonements of devil spawn, crystals in the moonlight, lips of loves long gone. It is here my casual redirection adorns the Ligurian Sea, absorbing all that was, past and present confliction, and all that will ever be.