Clear the stage #YOWO

I am Broken

“Clear the stage and set the sound and lights ablaze, If that's the measure you must take to crush the idols. Jerk the pews & all the decorations, too until the congregations few, then have revival. Tell your friends that this is where the party ends; Until you're BROKEN for your sins, you can't be social. Until you lay down the pride you can’t be renewed. Then seek the Lord and wait for what He has in store. And know that great is your reward so just be hopeful.”

This is my declaration and one desire that people see my heart and not my title, to see my passion for others but not to be creepy.

To be known as a friend instead of a tool, To be known as a brother instead of a fool, to be known as trusting when others say disgusting. And to be known as loving instead of harassing. To be identified with Christ instead of my past, to be righteous, holy and of an honorable class. My heart breaks when people do not see who I truly am, my heartbreaks when assumptions pass around like the wind. Is there a solution to change my status? How can I show that I am not this man of malice.

For I have decided to be the lowest of lowest; I give my reputation to those who send the blows. I cast away my desires and all of my idols. I give all that I have to my Abba Father. My heart screams for humbleness so I will become a servant. My heart yearns for peace so I will not be restless; I want my identity to be seen as a man who listens. So those who critique me I will indeed listen and those who listen will surely glisten. I will be honest and truthful to those who want to know, I will convey my life story; so people won’t have to say no. I will respect and be respected because of who I am in the present. I will rest with my identity in Christ and in His message.

I write this to ya’ll not for accolades but to be noticed as of who I am today. Not for excellence but to strive for the best that I can be. No I want to be uplifted as a servant and always a friend when someone is of need.  I want to be transparent and known as a new man. Not conformed to the world, or of someone else’s plan.  My life story will be written by my Savior Jesus Christ. So I surrender my heart and bring anything and everything to light.  My heart is pure and will always strive to be a man of valor, for this is my new season new perspective that my heart will always remember. Remember YOWO so strive to never be the same.

~Joshua McDonald~