Daddy's Lessons

My father had always told me how although he was never there to sign the certificate when he held me in his arms I was something more than just some creation, perhaps I could right all of his wrongs, which is alot to put on an infant one has to admit, but since day one as daddy's little girl he had my destiny written in stone. "Take care of your mother and watch out for your sister" is what he would tell me, for the true monsters no longer hide in the closet or under the bed but rather in the minds and on the streets. I never quite understood or questioned how he knew this but just listened.

We had no need for fast cars or vrooming motorcycles, for with our feet alone we traveled miles. Even as ma and him were seas apart, but in actuality was less than a bus ride away, but how could I visit you when you were trading candies with my bully?

When little girl was hurt she wanted to do anything to make him hurt the same way as her even if it meant begging for numbing candy.

She was strong, not because she had the blood of a thousand warriors in her, but when you weren't there it was either she grown up or had another dance with the nuse.

When confronted use your tongue as the trigger and shoot whomever comes your way for "everyone is not your friend".

Weed and Quarter Beer Bottles are your best friends.

These were all some of the lessons that my father had taught me. He had always told me how even doing as much time as he had at war, to date the most scariest battle he had done was danced with the demons of his own mind.

With my mom having the gospel on speaker, daddy having the preacher read from the bible they protected me and my siblings from the outside world, maybe this is why I don't know much now.

Ma has always told me how you had lost your mind but I would always sit in awe of the as you would tell me stories of your life teaching me how to smell players before they could approach for you, yourself were a true con artist.

Of all the lessons my father had taught me, were that monsters are real.