Death To Bullying

You know if you’ve witnessed bullying if you have seen what everyone saw. You know if you’re a bully if you’ve been reported. You know if you’re an upstander if you really reported the bully. Lastly, you know if you’re a victim or victims if you have been told something your kindergarten teacher wouldn't have told you. However, realistically, Do we really report bullies? Have you ever seen anyone report a bully, or do bullies never get noticed?

The seesaw triples both values unequally. Unevenly and indescribably you may call it.  Causing calamities along through one may learn. Leading towards a path of grief, pain and regret. People hustle towards the power source, while the victim remains calm and scattered. Undecided and hesitant. Or the victim may strike, with a fist or words that echo.

With trouble, and injustice this agonizing state will always be unchanged.  Unless, one recognizes it. Then strives, to take action. If you don’t know what I am speaking about, you were never alive. Your heart may have beaten, but your eyes may have been shattered shut or glued shut. Your ears may assumed it as the norm. Your mouth may have been dried out of words. Bullying is all surrounding us, while we sit and watch.

We may be the victim or victims. Or the supporters or the bystanders. Maybe the ones who see otherwise  and think different; the upstanders. Or maybe you may be the one causing it. Look around you, what do you do when you witnessing bullying?

Do you watch and stay quiet? Perhaps take another approach and support  the victim  or victims. Do you report it as abuse immediately? Or are you  a slacker afraid of change? Maybe you’re outspoken, maybe you’re  not. However, we can all break the chain reaction of bullying.

After, recognizing bullying which can appear in many  different ways. Which include mockery,taunting,physical abuse, verbal abuse,sexual harassment, discrimination, racism, stereotyping, cyber bullying,threatening and much more.  Our next step would be to help break the chain and the chain reaction. Say, you get an email or text message of a personal secret that was meant to be a secret. Will you send it or keep it to yourself?

The proper way of breaking a chain reaction is to keep it to yourself. I know it’s hard, but you should have sympathy and empathy. Think as if, you were in that person’s shoes. Would you like your personal secret that you shared with only one person, be spread to at least five other people? Maybe you wouldn’t mind that. On the other hand, how about if it got spread to the whole school. Would you like that?

Of course you wouldn’t like that! Additionally, it won’t stop there until someone, could break that chain. Will you be the one breaking the chain? After mastering the steps of recognition and breaking the chain reaction,  it it time to move on to the next level. The next level, would be to approach the bully or spread awareness of bullying by reporting it.

It’s no lie! Approaching the bully will be challenging, but you will never regret it! It takes a lot of courage and bravery to do this step. If you haven’t mustered up enough courage, try to spread awareness. You can spread awareness by talking to a legal adult who is eighteen years or older. This adult can help you or a friend stand up for yourself  by counseling.

If you’d rather not do that you should try, reporting it online or sending an anonymous letter to the principal or teacher. For example, say someone in your class has been eternally throwing out hurtful words towards you or someone you know. You can leave a post-it note on the teacher’s desk at the end of the day addressing your feelings and how the person hurt you. Make sure to note the bully’s name and give basic information regarding who, what, when, where and if you know why!

Other ways, of spreading awareness, would be to tell any peer or colleague about this bully and to look out for them. This way you will have more support,witnesses and if possible more bullying incidents. After all, the more proof, witnesses and incidents the better. With all this proof you can report it better. Approach the bully stronger, as they say “There is strength in numbers”. Additionally, the victim or you will have better support.

The last and foremost step, is to promise yourself not to accept any kind of oppression or oppressor and to never bully anyone. Along with this promise, you should say to yourself “I will never accept any kind of corruption”.  Accepting oppression within itself,  is a lie if you hate bullying.

Any activity hurting anyone either emotionally,mentally,psychologically or physically is considered an act of bullying. Which makes oppression and corruption fall under the acts of bullying. If we all take these steps towards bullying. We can guarantee a better life for our posterity(meaning children). Together we can make a difference. No  more of  those  singled out  people and no one  secretly crying. We are all humans. We deserve the same rights. We are no different.  The earth follows the laws of gravity equally.  This brings up a thought, why do we humans not do as we should,  following  the laws of equality?