The disconnection of a father

Dear Dad,

I'm writing to you for the first time ever. Because it just seems like you won't listen to me face to face. So, I have resorted to pen and paper to get to you. I know we live in the same house but I feel like we live so far apart. Your room is just down the hall from mine but since when did we talk and say everything would be fine. I miss you! I really do! But if you read that, you’d probably be wondering why since we see each other every day. But Dad I'm telling you it's like I talk to a stranger, I blindly trust with my life. That's how I have seen you for a while. You speak to me trying to show me what's right even though you don't know what's right yourself. You think you know what's right for me but you really don't. You want me to be like my siblings but I don't understand why. I am myself and you criticize every movement I make, but you don't take the time to turn around and see that you're doing the same. We are four decades apart. I know our perspectives are different but why can't we just be on the same plain. Instead of you being on the mountain and me being on the hill. You're so far up but I am so below under. Practically killing myself to get up to you. But the rocks keep falling on me knocking me down. The boulders! The boulders keep on coming crushing me every time and I just don't know what to do. You stay on your pedestal up high on that mountain and I keep on falling towards the river infested with piranhas just waiting to get their knife-like teeth into my flesh. I try to climb my fingers bleeding from digging them into the rocks trying to pull myself up before I get eaten. It's a constant battle I’m too tired to fight. It always occurs when I'm in the same room as you. Every action I take every word I say, determines if I fall closer to those piranhas or if I climb closer to you. So far it seems everything I do I just keep on falling, I keep on missing those rocks, all those Boulders keep coming. Until one day the biggest boulder I've ever seen comes down and wipes me out. It knocked me down into the river. You know what I speak about father there's no need for me to clarify. Now every time we're in the same room I don't feel that battle. Instead I just feel my flesh being bitten off by piranha. The constant pain never ending. Please speak to me. I want to get through to you, if this letter is the only way then let it be.

Sincerely,

Estela

Sincerely,

Estela