Enough To Fight For

I miss the days where we could be carefree. No bills. No anger of any real sort. No stress. No money to worry about managing. But that was a world we lived in as children. Young and unaware of the World's true colors. And as we've gotten older, we've enjoyed and hated the ride. The ups and downs. Finding out your parents aren't the best thing in the world. Finding out best friends aren't always the best. Growing up too fast and not knowing what you're going to do. Then you turn 16 and you know everything, right? Not quite. You go through the motions of life, and all of a sudden you're 18 and you run from everything, terrified, yet excited. And before you even know it, you're out of money, gas, and time. Trapped in a hole you dug all by yourself. You give up. Throw in the towel, and it doesn't even work. You save yourself from death without even realizing, without wanting to. Wouldn't have died from it anyway, but boy did you wish you did. You escape again to find yourself trapped in another hole. You don't claim to know so much anymore, taking advice from any know-it-all that cares to glance your way. You get bound up in trying to please everyone else and find yourself miserable all over again. So you run once more, knowing you only have the shirt on your back, and the gas left in your car. But it doesn't matter. If they can't find you, they can't talk down to you anymore. But you know in the back of your mind they will do everything they can to make you feel less than nothing. Because your puny life means nothing to them. So you shove off, knowing your plans will fail. And when they do, you try to act carefree. Your only friends are in that hole with you. They have your back through everything and you have theirs. You love them and they love you. That's all you needed. Support from people that aren't pretending to care. And now that you have it, you can face reality and apologize for your mistakes. Try to start over new. You fail only once, because you've learned from past mistakes. Start again from a new perspective, and you're just fine. Living by yourself at 19, in someone's backyard. You know they love you. You know that as soon as you're on your feet they will ask for help, and you are prepared and willing to give it. You love who you love regardless of their flaws. And you can do anything, within reason, that you set your mind to. Yes, you there in the mirror, I said all of this for you. And I'm not afraid of who you are anymore. I am more than happy that you have made it this far with love still flowing from your heart. And sense still able to be shared.
I am me, and that is all.
I am myself, and that is enough.