Exclusions May Apply

Tue, 05/09/2017 - 20:10 -- blemons

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.

Where a sexual predator can become leader of the free world. Where, if you’re a star, they let you do whatever you want. You can do anything. Grab her by the p*ssy.

Land of the free; except if you’re gay and want a wedding cake. Except if you’re transgender and need to use a public restroom. Except if your skin color is considered a warrant for brutality from police officers. Except if you’re a woman being denied access to reproductive health care. Except if you’re poor and the GOP is trying to deny you health care altogether. Except if you’re Muslim and always a suspect.

Land of the Free? More like Land of Exceptions.

Home of the “Brave”; the sexists. The homophobes. The transphobes. The Islamophobes. The classicists. The Holocaust deniers. The climate change deniers. The truth deniers in the rise of “alternative facts”.

Home of the Brave? More like home of the ignorant and xenophobic.

Where millions of women marched on Washington DC and major cities around the nation for women’s rights after a sexual predator was inaugurated. Where thousands of people marched for science and against the denial of climate change. Where hundreds of people crowded their town halls, demanding protection of health care. Where brave people can fight against oppressive powers for human rights and freedom.

We have a ways to go, Land of the freedom fighters, Home of unrelenting courage.

We can change things; one day we can truly be the

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.