a letter to a friend

Thu, 09/21/2017 - 18:20 -- k8y8s

we do with existence what makes us happiest because in the vastness of time and space, it seems our lives are next to nothing. we are selfish creatures, always wishing for people and possessions and perfect plans for our own feeling of meaning and worth, which we inherently possess - though we may not recognize it. i do believe that every person alive today has a purpose, whether it is something given to us or something we create independently. i have no evidence for this claim, only faith - not in a god or a religion, but in the knowledge that out of infinite possibilities, countless coincidences came together in exactly the right combination to lead to the world we are living in today - a world with you in it. you are doing something spectacular, merely by existing. you don’t see it now, but you are incredible. you are full of so much light, so much goodness. you love so deeply and you care so much, and that can’t just count for nothing. our meaning is not measured in the things we do, but in the lives we touch and the people we love. your life, by that measure, is pricelessly important. the world is lucky to have you walk whatever path you choose to take upon its surface.

k.y.//a letter to a friend