A Letter from my Future Self: The College Graduate

Dear Zoe... 

Where should I even start off? I don’t have much time to talk to you, so I’ll try to explain this as quickly as possible. You did it. I know a million questions are probably running through your mind. “What do you mean by that...?” “I did what?” Well, let me explain. You did it Zoe. You graduated from high school. You got into your number one school, Temple University. And now... you’ve graduated from college. The various scholarships your parents had you applying for, ended up helping you pay for your education. All those late nights up spent studying for tests and maintaining good grades paid off. You’re now doing what you’ve always said you’ll do. You’re living up to your full potential. You’re now a college graduate and today happens to be your first day of your new career: a special education psychologist. You’re helping the world one child at a time; just like you’ve always dreamed of doing. You’re radiant energy magnified over the years and inspired others around you to be as determined to achieving their goals as you are. You never let negative energy dim your light, which is why you are now so accomplished. I’m sure you figured that life would end up going pretty good for you, but I just wanted to diminish any doubts you might have had. But anyways, like I said, I don’t have much time. I wanted to write this letter to take time to congratulate you on all of your accomplishments because you’ve always had a habit of not doing so very often.

I’ve gotta go now, but remember this: stay motivated. You’ve gotten this far and there is no turning back now. You can only go up from here.

Sincerely,

Zoe; encouraging Zoe