Life is Worth Living

Kiara Castro

Feelin’ Good Scholarship Slam

A wave of happiness crashes over me like tides in an ocean on a windy day,

the shore of my life has become the familiarity and peace of being in my own skin.

It is almost an unrealistic power to be yourself! It is my kryptonite.

To help yourself is your first and foremost duty; a civil duty to yourself.

Because sometimes being selfless, isn’t as beneficial as being selfish.

Self love is so important because self love is you, and you are that love.

I wake up every new day, living on the hope that I have 24 hours to find a better me.

I wake up every new day, knowing that time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

I wake up every new day, glorified in the idea that a new me awaits, a new passion, a new lover, a new experience… they’re all just out there waiting for me to seize moments.

I wake up every new day, to start a chapter of my life.

My heart is an unknown ocean, and in that treacherous beauty I am given a new voyage, a new discovery of the nooks and crannies I couldn’t reach without the start of a new day.