The Life You Left Behind

Dear Mr. Ghost,

That's right, that's how I addressed you Because even though you are living you have escaped my view. It must be nice to walk away with no remorse To leave me broken in the shadows suffering from our "divorce". Did you feel the pain I felt once you disappeared?Did you wonder as I did or did you cower in fear?Were you afraid to face the choices you made?Maybe not; you were always so brave.  So where did it all go wrong?Why did you leave me crying, listening to sad songs?I bet you don't recall all the sweet nothings you said. The very face you used to compliment is a memory insteadThe beautiful flower once in tact is now wilting from the darknessTill only a petal remains, so small and so easy to forget.  I wonder if you noticed when the petals began to descend Maybe that's why you retreated again. Did you ever look back at the explosion you created?I wonder if some days you stay up contemplating on why we faded. Don't worry, you aren't the antagonist in this tale All the negative connotations I composed of you were to no availBut truthfully you aren't the villain in my eyesWhy don't you guess who it is....or better yet, let it be a surprise.  Sincerely yours,       Aliya