Love Upon Poetry

Cascade in love with poetry I fell in love with a poet That used a pen in angelic ways to form guardian angels from Aphrodite to bring me his love I fell in love with the performance How he cleared his throat Kept people on their toes waiting for that poem And when he begun Words flew gracefully out of his mouth as if released doves from heaven I fell in love with his hand gestures How he appeared to be delicately charming each string on a harp Hoping he'll signal me to come here to whisper sweet sonnets in my ear We cascade in love with poetry Spiral down shower the poet with a spotlight Gleaming eyes glaze my soul like the stars at night We ran away with poetry I fell in love with a poet This scripter that sculpted vivid images with his expression Ignited my affection covet to set ablaze his mattress I fell in love with a poet That kept an eloquent language intact with fluency Escorted me by hand to his character I fell in love with a poet That couldn't manifest a love poem directly to his intended target I fell in love with a poet Because he could express himself Never knowing that when it came down to telling me how he felt This poet would gain writers block Soon lose his title from the gods A poet he shall never be But considered a lyricist with two broken hands All there will left of is to nostalgia in suspension of consciousness On the way poetry bought us together We cascade in love with poetry Spiral down shower the poet with a spotlight Gleaming eyes glaze my soul like the stars at night We ran away with poetry I fell in love with poetry from the poet The poetry fabricated him And made me fall so deeply in depth with the poet Until I found that it was only love upon the poetry I fell in love with the art considering it told My suffering My pure rhapsody Setting me free to reveal revelation I fell in love with a poet That not only told fables and fairytales But he also spoke myths We cascade in love with poetry Clashed pens Crumbled mistakes in the trash We're running between the lines of poetry

RebeccaYSPerez

I really, really adored this poem. The repetitive line "I fell in love with a poet" really captivated me from the start. There is very elaborate vocabulary in the piece that sings beautifully and I really just cannot say just how much this piece speaks to me. Thank you so much for sending this in! It has been added to my list of favorites!

Becca.

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

this poem captured my attention in terms of how beautifully written this is

very expressively sincere

very meaningful

savigirl14

I love this idea its so beautiful and thought provoking

bneary

Simply beautiful

449477

I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!

hazelnut728

The imagery was captivating. Great repetition throughout the piece, it really connected all concepts. Well done.

ATWSI

Good stuff!