A poem for poets

Poetry is making a comeback. 
They may not tell you, 
but the poets are out there
Writing for the soul to unpack.

The page has no distaste,
it will not judge, or force
the writer to haste,
making it the poets perfect mate.

When the voice fails,
and memory will not permit
the page will remain
their last testament in full detail.

RebeccaYSPerez

Can I just say I'm completely geeking out and freaking out over this poem? I absolutely love, adore, indescribable-words this poem! It is quick but witty and tasteful, there are rhymes in here that make me smile and of course I'm all for the topic- no surprise there. This is a great testament to the modern poet, and I can't tell you enough how much I am happy to come across it, it should definitely be read by more people. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Rebecca

MythicalFishPen

Wow. Just... thanks! 

I wrote this, along with another one I posted, "Hand of Words" in like 10 minutes tops for both of them combined. 

I think I might I'll start one about poets underappreciating their own work, because that's something I have trouble with, and some of my poet friends also do that.

RebeccaYSPerez

I'll definitely have to read that one next then, I truly enjoy your work. 

I would love to read a poem like that. In Power Writers- do you know about Power Writers?- pretty much everyone has that problem. In fact, some of the people there constantly say they aren't poets, they just write poetry. Isn't that the biggest contradiction you've ever heard? Either way, keep writing! And trust me, I for one at the very least, enjoy your work.

Rebecca

MythicalFishPen

D'aww, stop it, you! 

Anywaym check out "Chrystalline," which should be my most recent. That's what I ended up writing in regards to the previous thing I mentioned. As for Power Writers... I saw it, but have not looked at it quite yet! After I read some more from other people, I'll be sure to look into that. I actually listed myself on Twitter as "wannabe poet." xD

-Jeremiah