Press Play

Pause: We've come to a point in history in which blacks have established a higher status in society. Throughout all of the trials and tribulations the African American race has overcome. We as blacks have climbed our  way out of the ditch that we have been degraded and dug into accumulated from the many years of mistreatment, torture, and pain. From CEO's to doctors, to lawyers, African Americans have taken a course in society, but the ignorance instilled in the minds of a portion of today's society poisons the hope of acceptance for the future. 

Rewind: Their fields are picked, their homes are cleaned, their needs are attended to, but yet their satisfaction is never met. One minor mistake and that is a lash of one our people's backs. Although THEIR skin is welted and THEIR blood is shed, THEIR tears are not alone. Our people bond together as one and pray to God that we will be let off of our leashes. Not just one, but all. As we walk on our exhausted feet, we never feel a sense of freedom. The chains that we were originally brough with have been removed, but the hypothetical chains still weigh heavIily on our bodies. We are mentally, physically, and emotionally weary from the ubiquitous hate that attacks our bodies from every angle where it hurts. Mind, body, and soul. In their eyes our skin is a target. When a bulls eye is successful, one of our people fall- and they don't get up. Death, torture, starvation. Exhaustion. Pain. Deprivation. 

Fast Forward: The future for the black community is yet a story to unfold. Our ancestors' blood and tears that were shed created the bricks that paved the way of an indefinite road of success. 

Play: With progress, there must be forgiveness. We should not carry a burden that does not belong on our shoulders. We must accept the past and embrace the future. "I am black and I am proud."