Shooting Star State of Mind

Sun, 02/11/2018 - 15:05 -- Joistur

He was trapped in his mind, in the lone star stateIn that state of mind, he would soon choose his fateHe killed himself in his car because the hate in his head lead to a mass shooting with 25 dead When your life needs a break, whose life do you takeThat gun on the floor, don’t whisper no moreHe went to God’s house, he had something tell Him, with infamy, to hell with ‘em With fiery will, he shot and he killedAnd they heard those booms just fill the whole roomWhere innocent children died with his pain, families were sleign as he went insane Where is the relief once our kin has bledIn these times of grief what gets to your headCan take many forms, but no one is warned, light candles of peace, buy roses with thorns Lay those flowers down on top of their gravesAs we look around, see who did God saveThe neighbor put his own life on the line, that gunman he ran and then in due time He shot himself too because what do you doWhen life becomes old, death is never newHow many must die before we say why we’re acting like we ain’t the problem too Give weapons to people without regardTo life, oh is life really safeguardedIf life, can be taken on God’s front yardThis strife is hard to follow Give weapons to people without regardTo life, oh is life really safeguardedIf life, can be taken on God’s front yardWe chose this life of sorrow