Somebody explain this enigma to me!

Somebody explain this enigma to me:

before a child is born, the parents don't care the sex.

but after birth, if it turns out that the parents made a mistake

on the gender of the kid

they shun them. And hurt them. And refuse to love them like they did before.

But somebody, please explain to me: why?

Why do you not love your child, simply for being a they, a she, a zey, a he?

How could you?

How DARE you?

This is not a right, this is you being a FUCKING ASSHOLE!

And I do not swear easily. Ever.

Somebody, explain this enigma to me:

You are a mother, or maybe a father. You are married to someone you love with all your heart and soul. You know you could not stop loving them even if you had to. You know it is your right to love them.

SO WHY THE FUCKING HELL DO YOU DENY YOUR CHILD THE RIGHT?!

WHAT FUCKING DELUSION MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL YOUR CHILD WHO TO LOVE?! THIS IS NOT ROMEO AND JULIET! THIS IS JULIO AND ROMEO!

But 'No homo'

WHERE IS YOUR GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO RUIN YOUR CHILD, A STRANGER'S, YOUR HUMAN RACE'S LIVES?

Because obviously you have one, you entitled assholes. You sure as hell act like it.

Somebody explain this enigma to me:

"I'm not homophobic, but if my kid turned out gay, there would be consequences, because my religion says that being gay is a sin, and who am I to dsagree with God?"

Oh GOD!

Let me refrase that:

"I'm a queerphobic asshole. If my kid shows their true colors to me, I'll stop loving them because my love as a parent and as a decent human being isn't even skin-deep. I'm a horrible parent and a horrible person. I am abusive, cruel, stupid, insensitive, disgusting fool. And a hypocrite, because I cut my hair, wear gold, eat fat, use birth control, wear clothes of mixed fabrics, or have ripped my jeans at some point in time. This is just how I am. I can't change it. Don't treat me like a person because of how I am, because this unchangable attitude is just what my kid's problem is, and if you're going to hate on them for not being able to change, you might as well hate on me too. Because unlike my kid, who can't change, I can. I just chose not to."

This is what you are if you cannot accept your queer child: an awful, fucking hypocrite.

You have been this way for far too long, and now I've got to let it all out, and I swear to God, you sure as we're not going to hell deserve it.

Somebody, explain this enigma to me:

"It's just a phase"

(That will last my whole life).

"God hates gays."

Yes, our all-loving god hates those who love, more than those who hate my raping, murdering, or abusing. And obviously he loves those homo-haters! I totally believe that.

"All fags will burn in hell!"

Well, yes. Fags are cigarrettes. I've got to imagine being a stick of nasty chemicals and then being lit on fire is a bit like buring in hell. But I wouldn't know. I'm not going there.

"Being gay is just a fad."

Sure. I guess the secret's out then. I'm just gay for all the social benefits it brings.  

"It's unnatural!"

Of course it is! It says so in the book where snakes talk, people come back from the dead, and a virgin has a baby!

Somebody explain this enigma to me:

Why can't we all get along?

Libby Carter

Your poem is truely amazing and you couldn't be more right. It has such a strong message and I love it <3

ThisIsLife

"Well, yes. Fags are cigarrettes. I've got to imagine being a stick of nasty chemicals and then being lit on fire is a bit like buring in hell. But I wouldn't know. I'm not going there."

Best line ever.