Started From the Bottom Now we're Here!

23841

Started from the bottom with so little to gain, No one will ever know what hides behine our pain. The Struggle that once was nothing, coming into the light and became something. Only God knows the way that we Black African Americans took, that is now read and told about in today's books. Our kings and queens started from the bottom and lead us to the top, without a doubt in our hearts that the subject of change will drop. Started from the bottom now we're here, forever in our souls we feared. The change has come as we waited, now we can look back and give thanks to those who beleived and say we made it. We started from the bottom without a beleif in our kind, those who feared our powerful minds. To the kings and queens of the civil rights, we thank you, for beleiveing in our future and leading this crew. We will forever lead this way, as we put God first and pray. As the leaders shined the light to our feet, we shall keep going and not weep and continue to our destination, soon we will meet. Stand, have faith in our kind, behind measures we truely will find. That of what we seeked was freedom, that we have now and some.

gholsonr

Came from My heart!