Step, step, step.

Everyday I worry that he won't make it home.
That he won't make it home for another cooked meal.
That he won't make it home to another good night sleep. That he won't make it home to his family.
That he won't make it home to me.
The more I see it on the news the more I am petrified of him going to the store alone.
God forbid he reach into his pocket too fast, god forbid there is a cop when he's walking out the store in a rush, when will it end? It shouldn't have to take years for justice to finally land on the plates of those who are starving for it most

You tell the families " it takes time " okay, Let it be a young white girl let it be a young white boy let it be a white person, and everyone goes insane.
You brought people of his melanin here, by hundreds and thousands, so they could pick pluck and do the dirty work for you. Now that you can't whip them to death, you beat them to it. They fight back & it's considered an attack on your side, do you not understand? They don't want to die like they expect to.
You kept people like me here, took over the third of the unites States which once belonged to us, took advantage of our kindness & good intentions. You got rid of our kings & gods just so you could inject your god into our land.
We belong on this land, you are just a visitor, don't you think you have over stayed?.. Are you done yet with your exploration ?
I live in fear that my future family will always be a target, a mark for the bullet to hit. My future husband, son, daughter, mother in law, father in law, sister in law you name it, I know you are already carving their names onto bullets as I speak.