the tale of psyche and cupid

In all of Aphrodite's reign, nothing more could bring her fury, a mortal child on Earth that goes by the name of Psyche, who has been rumored to be the second coming of the goddess herself, or even the child of. Her wrath leaves none to be safe, and demands her son of one little task, "Send her an arrow, so she may fall in love with an ass." Cupid obeyed every word, except, with the exception, to scratch himself with the arrow. To much of his dismay, he fell in love with the first mortal he lay his eyes upon. Psyche is fortold a vision of a serpent that will consume her and her baby, and holds a vile dagger next to her heart. When the darkness becomes the light, it is the most beautiful creature to have ever come into her sight. A violation of trust is nothing short of a problem, because there is love. Sister after sister, they begin to fall, looking to become the real bride of Cupid. The only falling they do, is from the top of a mountain to become the dearly departed. Psyche is brought upon to the goddess herself, and is instructed to follow tasks at hand. Where the start is, begins to feel like the end, as Worry and Sadness begin to beat and torture the woman. Aphrodite continues to spread her anger over as evenly as possible, ripping clothes from her flesh and slut shaming her as she concieved a child in a sham marriage. The second task is nothing light, fetching golden wool from violent sheep, and all Psyche wishes to do is weep. A third task is assigned, and Zeus falls claim to pity at his daughter's rage. He sends and eagle to fetch the blackened water from river Styx, in order to save Psyche from being under dirt with the feet of six. Psyche's last task is nothing easy, because navigating the underworld for beauty is anything short of being simple. To collect beauty because her own is not enough for her ailing son, she travels and travels to hope that this task is the final one. In a final act of a reunion and immortal love, Cupid is healed, left a scar, and flies like a dove. He makes his case to his grandfather Zeus, to marry any maiden he may choose. All trials of Psyche, wrath of Aphrodite, pity of the gods, and love of a cherub, May Psyche and Cupid live happily ever after.