The Things We Feel

Tue, 03/29/2016 - 12:43 -- JCann

Drowning in a deep dark tunnel, A tunnel of your fear, a tunnel of your confusion You are lost sitting in a puddle of pity Soon it will be over.....Soon it will be over.....The wind whispers to you telling you to go homeNot even knowing where your home is.You are a runaway, captured from your homeland.This foreign land is unfamiliar to the grassland of Pride Rock.The faces you once remember are no more as they fade away from each lashing of the whip that forces those memories of love into nothing no more.You are just another black boy trying to find his home but instead, you are here.WE ARE HERE Where they look at the color of your skin before they look into your eyes and tell you the truth of why you are being pulled over.WE ARE HEREWhere the lashes on our bodies from the whip are now gun shot wounds from firearms that belong to the men and women in blueWE ARE HERE Where you raise your black son to disrespect the black woman and if that black son disrespects my daughter I'm going to beat his black ass. I will beat his ass to solve his confusion and that our black queens need to be protected but, they will protect their king before anything.I will beat his ass to install the lost teachings he never received from books only about white history. I AM HERE And I am going back to the mother landGoing back because these lashes on my back are lashes of confusion,Of hatred you have towards me,Of power you want so badly.I CAN'TPeace I give you, peace I leave you. So to the little black boy,Open your mind and one day you will grow and preach my word, Forever be free.Don't let this tunnel confuse you. EscapeOr live with "what if"