Town of Babylon

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 11:50 -- fty170

Babylon, NY

September 17 ,2014

Town of Babylon

We leave home and head towards the fair that we had gotten word of only two days before. It’s the three of us, my neighbor, mom, and I. With the newer member aboard we head out, she’s slightly anxious, from what I can tell, but calm enough to hold a conversation about her work. Our transport moves us closer, saving us from the tiring energy-sapping walking that we can use later in our hunt of pleasure. Cutting adrift from our transportation we grind our way closer and closer until I am comfortable enough to finally cut myself adrift and go on my own to a sighted group in the distance. This medium sized group has already been prepared for a individual like me. Getting close enough they open their engagement first and I follow along it’s a dance of thinking between five of us, all of really the hunters of each other yet today I’m not the hunted. Hearing their engagements I don’t bounce them off yet I welcome them with easy response as they are nothing too big to not handle. We keep strong faces from the lack of stimuli and nobody budges to the easy conversation, no buckling of the diaphragm. The sounds comes into my head head to the center of the motion and emotion processor, it has an easy time gliding through the motions sending simple communication not working too hard. Simple equations to kindergarten math problems as it seems with a steady groove until a sudden rise in the actions grabs my attention. A certain sequence of words start to form from a statement that just ended a few seconds ago. It’s building in great intensity and when I think it’s finished, I’m about to release it when another thought is jump-started as a branch from the first. This new thought is grabbed ahold of and built at an even faster rate using the first one as a scrapyard of ideas to increase the rate at which it will be ready. It goes along its way climbing gaining strength when a third thought is thrown from a mix from a statement heard from the group not a second ago. Finally a great final sequence of words is heard and instantly, skipping all building processes a full idea is thrown together and falls into it’s own place as if it has its own individual mind and needs no guidance. This is the one, the perfect solution and combination. It’s put into motion starting with the lungs with the air already being held they push it up in a easy manner as though done from the beginning of life itself. Pushing the air up through the throat and having it curved and colored by vocal cords it has its raw sound. Tongue holding steady for the first wave of words it braces for impact and the huge gust is blown past, and it dances. Movements left right, slapping up and down, or holding still it give the flavor to the sound along with a texture with its own uniqueness, it’s all released at the same time. Torpedo in the water. Shot out with steam and gas it has its run, auto correcting itself in the air as intended, as designed. Counting on the chronometer a half second has gone by, three quarters and rounding around to a full second it seems quite a long term for a short distance to target. Could the shot have missed? Or worse, been a dud. If it had been a miss no harm no foul no attention drawn to where it came from, nobody would see but this had been a high visibility shot. Loud with a larger head than most for higher risk and higher reward. Yet if it had been a dud, every section of the group would know, all attention drawn to its source and nothing to hold away their glances. Boom, the shot slams on mark to the side of the group as intended, it brought a huge explosion of laughter and smiles rise from the group in a mushroom cloud of smoke while I find myself at the center of it all in comfort reeling back in relaxation watching my quarry sink into euphoric laughter submission. Although not physically showing my goal is complete because all anybody wants in life is to make others enjoy theirs.

And that is where I am perfectly content.