Under the Stars

It all started one night under the stars

I was walking for so fresh air from the busy streets of South Korea

Away from the fast paced walkers and cars

I thought that I would leave the city for the country for a little bit was what was my idea

As I was walking through a forest when I came to a small hut next to a Camphor tree

I walk closer and I see a lonely figure sleeping under the large camphor

Next to you was a book of poems and a kettle of red tea

As you slept I asked you if I could sit and didn’t wait for an answer

Before I knew it I started to cry and tell you the story of my lonely life

I tell you my of a love that never was and a life of sheltered nothingness

My feelings as though most of my life was in strife

I turn to look at you believing that sleep still held you until I saw your eyes in open knowingness

You sat up looking at me and before I could do anything you grabbed and hugged me

Before I knew what I was doing I was crying all those lonely years away in your arms

For once in my life I felt as though I wasn’t alone and that time would stop under that tree

I fell for you then and there because with you I felt that I would have no harms

When I was done you held me for longer until I fell asleep in a blank dream

I woke up in the brightness of morning sunlight in an unknown place until I remembered

I looked to my right and there you were still asleep from my last night crying stream

As I looked upon your face your eyes opened and you hugged me becoming my member

It felt like we were like that forever and then you pulled away slightly to look at me and smile

I couldn’t help but smile with you because for once in my life I wasn’t alone and sad

You made my heart burn again with a love that that would burn for a long while

You reminded me of a flower that is delicately placed in the middle of a lily pad

We were like that for away just lying there saying nothing and looking into each others eyes

Both of us wishing that this moment would last forever, but time still ticks and we got up

When you got up you came to my side and lifted me into your arms like a sun rise

You took me to the kitchen, where we made breakfast, and afterward we cleaned up

Ever since that first night we would visit each other or talk everyday until we both said “I do”

Afterwards we would wake up to each other every morning and fall asleep in that home of ours

Everyday it feels like we would fall in love all over again and always say “I love you”

Once a year on our anniversary on that first day we would go outside and sleep under the stars.