"WHY"

20772

"Why" does a little boy with hopes and dreams feel so alone?
And, when that little boy needs motherly guidance in his life, he finds she is not there.
That little boy thinks it’s not fair that his mother is gone and doesn’t care.
No remorse, no telephone calls or even a simple letter asking how are you and how’s life treating you.

The little boy is hurting inside.

But it’s NOT OK!

Until the end of the Civil War, the majority of African Americans had been enslaved and lived in the South. It was several months after the emancipation that slaves in this area were aware of their freedom. After the end of slavery, the emancipated African Americans began to strive for civic participation, political equality and economic and cultural self-determination.

As a foster child this little boy too was forced into self-determination and independence like a slave, people see a mix of greatness, disguise and guilt; the little boy only sees complexities of life far too early.

This young brother is wondering how he is ever going to make it in this life.

But he’s figured out “WHY” it’s good to be a living example.

His life has changed because he has a loving family and friends now that care greatly for him and that he cares about. He has been freed through the emancipation of life and is no longer a slave to his circumstance.

That’s

“WHY”

(poems go here)

SCHOLAR2013

I AM BIGGER THAN THOSE WHO THINK I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER BECAUSE "I AM ME"

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

you are who you are

be proud and express yourself they way you know how

great poem brother