Why I Prefer Black and Blood Roses Over White

To some just the simple idea of a black or blood colored rose seems disgusting and truly frightening but see just like death even here too, is beauty, if you are willing to look for it. Death is not the foul, dastardly monster that our parents lullabied us to sleep with. He is not some cruel intentioned sent here to harm us as the church house would warn us, but rather something more merciful, for his name is the "angel of mercy". That little boy and little girl who were unfortunately caught in the line of fire tonight, might have been dressed in red but this morning was dressed in white escorted to pearly gates. That young lady who was so mercilessly beaten down and feasted upon by someone who was more animal than man, was picked up and carried by the angel of mercy. Isn't it funny how death shed more tears on days when we were more beast than man, painting the sky red with the blood of our enemies? So next time someone asks me why I prefer Black or Blood Roses over white, I'll tell the story of Eric Garner and so many others.