#YesAllWomen

Wed, 11/12/2014 - 21:25 -- L. Zane

Stop.

However you are about to process these words.

Stop everything else.

Stop scrolling, stop the music, stop walking, just stop.

And listen.

I have something to say, something you may not want to hear.

It's too important to be easy.

It's too big to be readily accepted by those who have yet to listen.

Stop.

Look around you. Whether you can see them or not there are people there.

People with emotions.

People with thoughts, with relationships, with concerns that have absolutely nothing to do with you.

But they exist, just like you.

A little over half of those people are afraid, terrified.

Not of war.

Not of death.

Not of disease or the dark.

But of men.

That's right, men.

Because virtually every single woman on this planet of 7.2 billion people, has been threatened by a man.

Not all men are terrifying, but enough.

I did a little research as I spilled these words for my first time

The ink flowing across the page as I typed into the google search

Rape and domestic violence yielded hundreds of articles from within the past 24 hours.

One day, hundreds of cases.

And the list doesn’t stop there extending to hundreds of women killed in the past year.

Stop.

Ask yourself why?

Mentally ill is the easiest cry,

Yet, I have been legally classified as mentally ill for four years now and I can guarantee some of you reading this share my diagnosis but we don't kill women for telling us no.

We don't rape.

Mental illness is not the main issue here.

The issue?

The issue is teaching our daughters to carry mace and wear longer shorts instead of teaching our sons to respect the opposite sex.

The issue is telling the women of the world it is their fault not the man who forced himself on her

That women make 77 cents for every dollar a man makes

That I have apologized for my men since the age of 6 because I started paying attention.

Take a look around.

The word is a beautiful place.

But not everyone can enjoy it when women in the US military are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed in combat.

When I have had more friends be raped than fingers to count,

I have watch single mothers fight daily against society but it's time we stood up and said enough is enough.

This generation is the one. We have a tool no other generation has had, knowledge.

No one has grown up in such an incessant stream of information like we have, at our fingertips is nearly all the knowledge known to mankind, we can connect to people across the world in seconds. We Can Unite.

Stop.

What are you? Who are you?

I am a 17 year old white atheist cisgendered heterosexual clinically depressed male, and I stand with the oppressed. I will fight for them,

Because yes, All Women have felt Harassed

Yes, All Women have felt unsafe,

And Yes, All Men have to take a stance.