The great poet Robert Frost once said, “I have never started a poem whose end I knew. Writing a poem is discovering.” What do you discover when you write poetry? When you write, what do you write about? One of the best things about being a poet is that you can write about anything you want, and discover more about yourself along the way.
Now, Power Poetry is giving you the chance to win $1,000 for your college education by doing what you do best- writing poetry! Just make sure you are a member of the site and submit an original poem by May 31, 2013. Need some help getting started? No problem! Check out our Action Guides and Tip Guides for inspiration and cool ideas. Remember, the topic for this scholarship slam is completely open, which means you can write about anything! As a Power Poet, you get to decide how you write your own life story.
HOW TO APPLY
- Make sure you're eligible by checking out our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and the contest rules. Basic requirements? (1) 25 years of age (or younger), (2) a current or former high school student in the U.S. who will attend or is attending college in the U.S., and, (3) a submitted poem.
- Become a Power Poet by registering to be a part of our community.
- Add an original poem to Power Poetry by May 31, 2013.
- Check our FAQ if you have any questions about the contest.
- Follow us on Twitter and like PowerPoetry.org on Facebook for announcements about this scholarship: