“Truth”

Everyday we play danger with our lives. Smoking, drinking and partying with drugs. Tryna be a Tupac when in reality we just some low down wanna be thugs. We not shooters out here..We just should've, could've, would'ves in the hood. A NBA player to be that gave his life away thinking "Gang Gang" was "good". Calling himself a thug when he can't even shoot straight.Dealing like its his first time making rookie mistakes.In and out of jail letting time pass by.Scholarship gone.NBA gone.Friends gone.Gang gone.But the streets open like a 2 am liquor store waiting on another body to possess. Another body to finess.Another day waiting on death. School ain't "useful" so he just gave up.Momma kicked him out the house for always getting drunk at the clubs and pouring up. Only thing there for him now is the streets.He's alone. Watching his back on every corner that he's on.Falling in love with girls that just wants the money that he owns. Threw his future away for what he thought was cool today but if you ask him again he'd say he wishes he could go back to yesterday. We say Black lives matter but we out here killing and stressing ourselves. Seeing our youth dying but ain't offering no help. Wanting change but stay looking the other way.Using slang that was made from back in the day but replacing the E.R. With an A. Telling our homeboys "Oh yea dawg, I caught a body before the age of 8" thinking that saying something like that is okay.Taking our so called "brothers" away.Mothers losing their sons, teachers losing their students and younngings losing their lives.Women would rather date a drug dealer than a guy who works a 9 to 5 or in a law firm wearing a suit and tie. They say today's generation is the future and please forgive me if I'm honest to say that I'm scared.Because whoever told us that must be mentally impaired.We gotta do better.What?Y'all gonna be 70 years old still singing "Rain drop, drop top"NahHell nah!Pants still wrapped around our ankles, still repping the gang life? I don't know about y'all but I'm tryna get educated and be somebody's wife. Not somebody's one night stand for the night. Y'all need to get y'all minds right.I'm addicted to the truth and if it's too much for you.. There's and exit door in the back of the room.. Red poet.