2 in 1

When I go to work I have to be a leader It’s not an important job, a prestigious one neither But there are people relying on me to get things done That usually translates to all work and no fun My employees think I’m an asshole They think that I don’t care and that my heart is cold The truth is, if it were possible, I would choose to not be that me That me is someone I’m not proud of I feel like the bully who picks a kid to shove Then I go home to my love and want to be worry free But it’s not possible because strong is what she needs me to be I can’t let her down, I must be her rock I must always be there when she needs to talk I do what I must because I love her and her smile One day soon I will be walking her down the aisle I may look strong and show no fear What they don’t know is that deep down it is far less clear. I am sometimes scared, helpless, and full of shame But that’s what I chose and that’s how I play the game.