Addiction

“Trapped? You say I’m trapped? No, I entered this prison by choice. And now by choice I will remain. Why would I leave? I’m comfortable here. My life is fine – just the way I want it to be. Leave me to my prison cell. Let me be.“

Mine. She is mine. How easily I lured her into this prison cell I built specially for her. There she stands – shackled in chains she cannot see. She thinks she is in control. Ha! I rule over her life. She is a puppet in my hands! I tell her to do this and she does. I tell her to go there and she goes – thinking she is acting of her own accord. And I let her believe that she is. Of course, she could leave if she chose. The door is right there. And there is…Him. I dare not say his name, for even the speaking of the name drains my power. He’s the only one who can lead her out. He paid her ransom. Does she know that? No, but she does not want her freedom anyway. She chooses to stay here, and she's not changing her mind. I’ll make sure she doesn't.

“Let me be. I’m fine…

Just fine.”