Africa

Thu, 10/03/2013 - 15:47 -- kimy

I don't think you get it. Have your parents ever hurt you? Day after day? 

Bruise after bruise? I don't mean physically, But by harsh words. You'd think someone

Like you would know how it hurts. You get ridiculed by these kids and they even pursue 

To hunt you down and try to kill you. All because of one stupid bad grade. But they don't 

Really care because they've got it made. And I remember you said 

That you were from Africa. And all the kids laughed and wanted to get back at ya. 

Why didn't you stop them? Why didn't you leave? I don't get why you didn't get up and 

Follow me. When I left that day, you didn't understand.

Because in the back corner there were some boys you needed to reprimand. They 

Said I was ugly and the told me to get a clue. The only clue I got was they didn't care 

Much for me or you. So I took the hint and walked out the back door. 

You don't understand what it's like to want more. More of what hurts you can kill you

Right then. And if it wasn't for you, it just might have been. 

Because you know the pain and took me aside, To tell me everything will be okay 

Just stay on God's side. And when I wasn't listening, you'd repeat what you said. 

Because if it wasn't for you, I might be dead. I wished I could tell you one last time 

Thank you for everything because now I'm fine. In fact, life is great and I see a new side 

To every bad situation that leaves me a little dry. Now, I'm on God's side.