All I Need is Poetry

All I need, half the time I don’t know what I need. But I know I need air to breathe and room to grow like a flower. I know I need to sleep but I always find myself sitting under the stars saying I need to finish another episode on Netflix.

All I need. All I ever needed moved to Chicago last summer, so what do I need. All I ever needed dumped and left me broken like an old toy. All I ever needed was to look in the mirror, but that isn’t what I need now.

All I need. I don’t need love. I don’t need to be spoiled. I don’t need to be the queen of some kingdom. I don’t even need to be seen.

But this isn’t a list of things I don’t need.

I don’t know what I need. If I was stranded on that island I wouldn’t want a book, I wouldn’t want company but I know I don’t want to be alone. I wouldn’t care if I had my trusted playlist blasting loud and proud. All I need are the words in my head.

All I need is something to think, something to say. I don’t even need to have anything to talk about. I don’t need anyone to talk to. I’m content talking to a wall. I’m the crazy girls who talks to herself on the walk home.

All I need.

This is all I need. Poetry. Something I never thought I would use again. If it weren’t for these words I wouldn’t have survived those longs lonely nights. If it weren’t for these words I would have suffered that entire bus ride. All I need is this feeling, I get when I share my poetic passions. This feeling when I’m the stage and a million eyes are on me. All I need is poetry.

All I need. Half the time I don’t know what I need. But I guess if it weren’t for these words in my head, I wouldn’t be here, I guess that just goes to show you all you need is a little Poetry.