Almost

I'm coming home, I'm coming home. Tell the world that I'm coming home.

He told her he's coming home. Sean Bell almost went home to his almost wife the night before his almost wedding. He almost survived. But, almost doesn't count. They counted four shots, in his neck and head. He was almost 24. She was almost 20, almost a mother, almost a purple heart, almost not a victim. Lavena Johnson was beaten, shot and acidically assualted. She almost survived. But, almost doesn't count. Broken nose,acid burns, and loose teeth. Army cops never been so tight lipped.

Never talk to the cops, I don't speak Pig Latin. I don't speak tongues, so I can't yell you what his mother is saying over the ground. I don't speak baby, his daughter's "words" in her mother's arms are lost to me. I don't speak snake, that hissing is not translatable to me so I can't tell you what police heard the morning Hollywood almost survived.

But, what did survive was the love for Hollywood. Actually, it was the idea of Hollywood they loved. They loved money and getting rich,not sharing the wealth and the mentality of putting family first. Guess the family loved the wrong two.

Those two little girls, those two pretty babies, those two adorable angels. Those two left to survive Hell. Those two are Hollywood's Angels. They were robbed. But, their love survived. Daddy, we love you. Angels so sweet, four years and a necklace, two months and a bracelet. Most memorbilia gone because someone succumbed to the hood. Hollywood wanted to get out uf the hood.

But, his hood loved hime, right? His hood supported him, right? Daddy, we love you. Isn't love supposed to be the most powerful thing in the world? So why couldn't his hood's "love" power a translator? Why couldn't his hood speak Pig Latin?

OllywooHay almostyay urvivedsay. Daddy, we love you. 16 years, 5 months and 15 days exactly to the day I first performed this poem on June 11, 2014, Hollywood almost survived. I was 16 years, 7 months and 25 days exactly to the day I first performed this poem in June 11, 2014. I survived.

Sean was almost married, Nicole loved him. LaVena almost wasn't a victim, her family loves her. Hollywood almost survived, daddy we love you.

We let the tears wash away all the pain of yesterday. But, that almost stopped those damned ghosts lurking over my shoulder, that almost closed that damned hole in my soul, that almost broke the damned ice enclosed around my heart.

So, I stand here soul bared,an open book wishing the tears can wash away the almost and bring them home.