Alpha

You are the light. 

With you I am one and complete.You do not know the burden I carry in my heart,You haven't bared witness to my pain.And yet all of the memories are washed away in your smile.With the slight of your hand they are gone.Yes, you silence my demons.With you they simply do not exist.   What is this you have done to me? Is it a spell, a drug, or just new? Tell me what is it that's come over me, it can not be innocently you. What makes all the roaring hush to silence?How is it that at the sound of your rumble, these wolves all give up their bellies.Where do you get the strength?  Our bodies are littered with scars.Mine from my failures and yours from battle. And yet your body is breaking in the fragility of humanity, while mine still stands.Face to the stars, unraveled. Yes you silence my demons.My pitiful heart under you, it quakes.I am vulnerable, my jugular is bared.Yet You, you laugh in the face of fateas it swallows and tears.  I am the light.  When I look up to the heavens it is now youthat is the darkness, only to let me shine.The sun has set and the moon has no sense of time. So it is I now that beseeched the frail bitter tether we call life. To bring you back, please back to my feet. Those that you so worshipped as I walked this silent ground.Though it is I that should have laid roses before you. It is I that should have been the one to break. I am the weak one.I am the fallible. But it is I that still breathes.  You gave me purpose.A tithe of yourself, that now I should go onand be and do what it was meant.It is I now that remains the victor. It is now I that laughs in the face of fate,I shall conquer my demons.I'm the alpha, now.But without you I am simply one, incomplete.