An Anglo-Saxon Boast

85008

I am Lucy-Fingal, | luminous child of Lynn and Anthony, brave and bright.

I am an actor, performer, soul-speaker, | a lover of the stage these many years.

Soprano singer across several octaves, | my song-flight has surprised and affected some several people.

I have been a word-weaver, | have made people laugh, cry, and shiver from what I have written down.

Rudely uprooted from my rarely rancorous homeland, | I roared rabidly against change and ran into real combat but have survived and flourished here.

I have stood up against the self-silencers: | against others, and against my own mind.

Passion has defined my eighteen winters, | propelling my propensity towards peace.

Curiosity has killed many of the ills I had, | creating in me a clean paradigm.

I have been battler against bad brain chemistry, | boldly standing brave in the onslaught of self-attack.

Determined in the face of depression and difficult decisions, | determined even to fill more than ten lines with tales of what I have done right.

Editor of the school newspaper, | I have aided every staff member and stood adamant against administrative infiltration.

Listening to and loving those who value me, | I have known what it is to love life so lushly that the heart breaks to let more love flow.