Are We Not Worthy?

How can anyone succeed in a world where they are set up to fail?

Constantly discriminated against subliminally and publicly and fed negative stereotypical phrases.

Whether it is movies, music, or even satirical television shows.

Sadly, a lot of minorities fall victim to those stereotypes and take on that persona.

African Americans, along with other minority groups, are becoming the laughing stock of America more and more everyday.

Even if an African American becomes successful, it is mocked by higher powers and looked down upon by those closest to him.

Sooner or later, they stop affiliating with people they grew up with and shunned by them as well.

They act different, talk different, walk different, everything.

Some may call it "acting white."

Since when are white people the only ones that can talk with proper grammar, speak complete sentences?

Are we not worthy?

In the words of the wise Bob Marley, "If you know your history, then you would know where you're coming from."

This, in my eyes, means that we are all the same.

So why does our skin give you the right to treat us any different than you would with someone of the same race?

When this world was created, it was Natives and African Americans who ruled it.

As soon as one person royal thought they were better because of their skin a domino affect occurred.

Today is still the same.

The only difference is that we cannot get lynched , thrown in jail for being a certain color, fighting for our rights, and we can sit, eat and use the same restrooms.

But how similar are we still?

Are we not worthy?