The Autobiography of a Regular Man

Alone. Naturally alone, walked upon by everyone and no way to make it stop.  Agony, suffering, sadness. Three feelings that became my only friends as I went on everyday always meeting them again, and no way to make it stop.  Sure I had people to talk to but even those that I thought were my friends made fun of me everyday. It seemed like no one wanted me around... will this ever stop?  There was no solace for me, for in my own home I was treated as a waste of space. Maybe this is only temporary.  Months passed by, a year passed by, and nothing has changed. There wasn't a day that passes without people making me feel like I was nothing. Please, make it end.  More time passed and it seemed almost routine, to everyday hear the voices in my head scream. Somebody make it stop!  And I could hear it everyday, the melody that they would play. To remind me, that my life, was over. I can't do anything about it.  Depression. Something that started to consume me. No motivation. No drive to get up in the morning. No will to succeed. I was only 13 and one day I had a thought that maybe my time was up. Maybe I can make it stop... If I could go back in time I'd tell myself "you'll be okay". But if only in that time I could see the light from my dismay. I can't keep living like this.  I soon realized that it has to end. I can't keep dying inside only to live a daily lie, that everyday I'd pretend I was okay. But I can make it stop.   I realized that I was alone and no one would help me through with my problems. So I made the journey through my struggles and I ended up coming out alive. Life is getting better.  But even today. Even though I realize it does not matter what you look like or how much you weigh. Depression still hangs over my life. It will never stop. 

Poetry Slam: