bad ideas

i didn't start this year at a park late at night, shouting rebellion and revolution, not this time.  no, i started this year in an illegal 2002 honda civic without brakes, skidding through red lights & stop signs in downtown portland.  it was a reckless year. a year when so so so so many bad ideas became such great stories:  those bad ideas moved me into apartments where wars would be fought, sticky note battle fields that I never knew I'd look back on, much less miss those roommates wholeheartedly;  those bad ideas drove me away from that little port city forever, leaving behind memories of ashes in the cold and views of portland from top floors of parking garages; those bad ideas brought me to the west coast, california dreams ablaze despite my new york city conquest; those bad ideas packed my entire life into my car and took me to the city that never sleeps, where anything and everything can happen. i may have started this year in a dirt nasty low car, trying my best to keep it all together, but so many bad decisions led to such a reckless, indecisive, awesome year. so i may spend most of my time animating things frame by frame by frame by frame and busting thieves for retail minimum wage but i'm ending this year in a city that i've fallen in love with, surrounded by strangers that might someday become friends. bad ideas make you thoughtless. you don't think about the things that you might miss, or the people that you'll lose. but bad ideas also make you fearless: they lead you on crazy adventures that are based off of impulsive decisions and reckless dreams. 
here's to 2016, a year of bad ideas and great stories.