To Be Heard

Fri, 08/29/2014 - 12:21 -- jacienj

Bayonne

To Be Heard.

What's that even like? "To Be Heard". In this cruel world everyone cares about themselves.  One may even ask why. But the true answer to that is because it is everyman for himself. This world has converted into hell over the past 50 years. It has gotten to the point where cops are taking away innocent lives because theyre getting to comfortable with their guns. As many car accident happen for texting and driving people still decide to risk their lives and others lives for a simple text. The government is stealing our tax money and we dont even know what it specifically goes towards. Well I want To Be Heard when I say I am Jacielle Aileen Vazquez. I grew up in Jersey City, New Jersey and I currently attend Bayonne High School. My mother raised me on her own then my step father came into my life when i was 3. My father works as hard as he can to provide for both me and my brother. I am a 16-year-old young woman who has questions that want to be answered. I have dreams that can't even be done in one lifetime. I want to standout in this world but also fit in the crow with other. I want to help all the poor children in this world but then again i have to put myself first before others. I want to see the future but i am afraid that if I get the chance to I'd screw my chances of whatever good comes to me up. There are so many others who are like me but they are Not Me. I Am Me. You are You. I wish this world can just take a moment to realize what good have we done in the past day? Have we gave a helping hand to someone in need? Have we helped and elderly man/woman cross the street when the light is about to turn green? I want this world to actually know what others who think like me Hear Me when I say that Life is way too short to be taking lightly. We need to put our feet down and realize what kind of generation do we live in? All these rap songs About Drugs and Sex when life is not about the negative at all. We do not grow up to wanting to become drug dealers. We grow up wanting to become chefs and dancers and presidents. It's what happens along the road of growing up that makes us go on the wrong path. Our decisions, our plans, our future. I can only speak for myself when I state that i want to become a crime scene investigator but it takes hard work and dedication to do what you love. We cannot always follow what others do because one day it can turn both you and the other person you followed in jail, or even worse... Dead. So i Want to be heard for a myriad of reason but the major reason is to Be Yourself. Do what you think is write and just work hard for what you want to do as you grow older. Nothing ever becomes easy in life. But it is not impossible. There may be times where one may want to just give up but we have to brush those negative thoughts aside and just take the bull by the horns and try our hardest, because at least you can say you did try. Yes, we have to put ourselves first but it does not mean we do'nt take others feeling into considerstion. Just be generous, loyal, and give a helping hand once in a while. This is just all temporary. Before you know it we will all be old telling our grand children what we have learned in our years of living.