Break the Silence

06120

4 out of 5 teens who attempted suicide have given clear warning

How many do you think have died this morning?

With their mental suffocation, detrimental frustration, judgmental conscience pushing towards their isolation...

Frowns wear their faces, scars that clearly leave traces, what use to be smiles and embraces, depression now replaces, no progression but disgraces, of discontent humiliation, it’s sad but yet, we turn our faces

Do we not hear the warning signs, that they shall cry but no ears incline? Shall we wait until they choose to die, to say “I knew something was wrong with that guy?” or shall we break the silence, speak our minds, report what we’ve seen to substitute for late sighs. Because we forget time, is not a thing money can buy, when it’s too late, who stands up to the plate and says “I tried” no one. For we all turn our eyes.

Seeing what we want to see, ignoring the songs of their depressing CD’s, or the fake smiles of their repressed identities, the giving away of their belongings, the depressing thoughts behind their diaries, they’re no longer enthused by school activities, but that of course we do not see, and for that our lips are mute and do not speak.

But today it ends, for the teens of our descent, are killing themselves In silent torment, no time to repent, for all the things they resent, faces covered with death, what their souls learned to reflect, because no one worried about where they went, on the nights where new ways to die they would invent, if only someone had spoken out with no resent, or if their personal time someone had spent, but that personal time was at 0 percent, so before another dies because unknowingly we gave consent, lets speak up this time, and BREAK THE SILENCE!

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

love this poem

it was great in advocating the importance of voices that needs to be express

as u stated , breaking the silence is essential

keep writing

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

hey sasha

like yourself, i'm a man of God that reads, studies, and absorbs The Bible 

i have an inspiration of putting together a big event in collaborating with fellow poets to express themselves in an open mic setting and find ways to change this world to a better place

if you have an email, what's your email address so we can chat?

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

hey sasha