Clogging, My First Love

"I want to dance, mommy," the little girl cried. All the older girls flitted and floated in her mind's eye. But not the kind of dance that most people think, no she wanted to yell with her mouth and stomp her feet. Clogging let all her feelings out, the joy, the laughter, the stress and the pain. The stage is her calling; the highest of highs and the lowest of lows were experienced there. She loved the glitter, the hairspray, even the Leos and tights. A class that made her sweat and cry, the roar of the crowd when they crushed the routine, even the strange looks she got after a performance when she went out in public made her heart soar. There was nothing like a good work out. However the other side of the story was equally important, the season they never won, the broken down car on the road trip, and people leaving halfway through the year was equally important to building the love for her team and the sport. It was her first love and the thought of leaving was heart wrenching, but she grew up, let go, and always remembered her first love. 

semy_

Beautiful