College is like a concert

Sat, 08/01/2015 - 16:20 -- aliscot

College is like a concert.
You get there, you park and move yourself in to stay for a while.
You see all the people, and you get hyped to make new friends with common interests.
You walk around searching for the thrill of it. You sign up for free stuff because everything is too expensive to buy. 
Hell, the amount it costs to get in is where all your money went.
But then it starts, the concert, welcome week, everything..
You find a cool group of people, and you hang with them. 
You enjoy everything around you until everything around starts to become corrupt.
You realize people are evil.
Their intentions are evil, but it's because of temptations.
You see everything you could ever imagine that's illegal and you get frightened..
Do you join? 
Do you leave? 
Do you enjoy the experience without these temptations?
It's hard.
Not too hard to handle, but it's difficult to understand why people with joyful natures would do these things.
But even though all these things are happening you realize that you're here for a reason. You spent a ton of money just getting into this place, so you might as well search for the fun things. 
You see all the people that you started out friends with, but then you look behind you only to find the truer friends you made later on down the road.
You're walking to the exit as this life changing event comes to an end & you think back on all the scary things, how they weren't scary if you chose to be yourself. You found yourself, and now you have true friends because of the real you.
It's the last time you'll be walking around during your time here, so you take it all in. 
You pack everything up, and you move yourself out.
You turn around for one last glimpse of the fantasy you were just a part of and you smile, grateful for the experience. 
The best time of your life in that short amount of time, has influenced you majorly.
And you realize for the last time..
College is like a concert.