Daddy

Wed, 09/25/2013 - 20:44 -- keioney

Dad? Father? Daddy? I always leave that line blank. You never fit the position. You never did before you think. You never thought about my feelings. You weren't there when I was born, took my first steps or said my first words. You couldn't tell me about the bees and the birds. You don't understand me. You don't understand my hatred toward you. You were never the father I wanted you to be. You weren't there to read me stories or tuck me in at night.  You just appeared one day. And expected things to be alright. But you didn't realize the daughter you had. I wish I could let you know all the emotions I have.  But would you even care. You let another man take your spot. How did you dare. Give a treasure so rare, your daughter. Now you are in my life a little bit. Now there's another woman and kid in the picture. I hope you are a better daddy to her than you were to me. Dad? Father? Daddy? I always leave that line blank.