Daddy's Little Girl

This man wants to be in my life, but I don't know him. Yes, the blood that is in him, is in me, but I don't know him. What’s your favorite cereal? What’s your favorite color? Where do you want to be in 5 years? These are all questions we don't know about each other. You’ve been gone so long that when I have dreams about my future, you're not there. I know you love me, and I’ve never doubted that but how am I to love somebody that I only visit every now and then for two hours. You are a stranger. You left my mom the responsibility to raise me alone and I had to burry my brother without you there. Your oldest son won't talk to you, and your middle one has past, and so I feel an obligation to connect with you yet, I don't really know how. You're coming home in July and I have no idea how to feel. I wont put my life on hold just because you're back, because you made the choice to leave us. You helped give me life, but i’ve had to live it without you and that makes me angry beyond words that while everybody else was at father daughter dances, I wasn't, and when people would have both parents in the same home, I didn’t. This man wants to be in my life, but I don't know him.