A Day to Die

Mon, 05/21/2018 - 13:01 -- Cda109

“If there ever was a day to die, today would be that day.” I told this to my mother two days ago… The woman who brought me into this world. The woman who made my life possible I told her I wanted to end it. I feel so bad about that. Telling the woman I love more than anything I wanted to die makes me feel like a terrible person. At the time I was super stressed because I had a play and I wasn't ready for finals. My anxiety was through the roof. It Is the end of the year it should be easier right. I guess not. My mom knew I wasn't going to do it. She said “Well that's not going to happen”. I said “Yeah you’re right I'm too much of a coward, and I'm pretty sure if I died you would kill yourself” ... “This world would be a sad place without you in it”. After a few silent moments in the car I spoke again.”Mom you know you're the only reason I'm still here right?”.. “I stay for you”. She didn't respond we sat in silence until we got home. When we pulled into the driveway and parked the car, she looked at me dead in the eyes and said “I stay for you too, You are my happiness, Seeing you cry, seeing you sad breaks my heart”... “I don't want to see my baby girl suffer”...“all I want is the best for you and I want you to be happy”.