Defending The Star-Spangled Banner

Oh Say Can You SeeThe faces of manyWho have servedBy The Dawn's Early LightTo the depths of the nightThe ones that continue to work What So Proudly We HailHard-won freedom’s taleAnd those who suffered that griefAt The Twilight’s Last GleamingWith children still beamingWe forget that the fight is not brief Whose Broad Stripes And Bright StarsRemind us of scarsOn hearts and on bodies the sameThru The Perilous FightTo secure American rightsWe’ve lost too many to name O’er The Ramparts We WatchAs we carve out a notchFor each of the citizens haulingWhat So Gallantly StreamingA reminder of dreamingTowards forgiveness and freedom it’s calling And The Rocket’s Red Glare,Follows our prayersAs the ones we love still struggleThe Bombs Bursting In Air,Highlight the ones who’ve done their shareTo keep America from trouble Giving Proof Through The NightThat our soldiers still fightEach day is its own type of battleYet Our Flag Is Still ThereRaised high in the airAnd won’t fall till the Great Judge’s gavel Oh, Say Does That Star-Spangled Banner Yet WaveO’er The Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Brave?   

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression. Always let poetry fill your life. Keep expressing your heart.