Don't tell anyone.

Locations

52302
52302

You told me, that one day, I would be the Queen of my own kingdom.

You said that the bullying would stop, and that I wouldn't remember all the hateful words that had been said to me.

You told me, as you got down on one knee to explain to me why I couldn’t play with the little boys, that one day I would understand.

You don’t understand.

I don’t want to be a Queen. I want to be the King that rules over a just and fair land, one where everyone can be who they know themselves to be.

The bullying will stop? What a joke- the words are carved into the very fabric of my skin, all the words that have been whispered into my ear as I walked into school, as I stepped out of my house, and as I opened my mouth to say those three words.

“I’m a boy.”

I can’t be a boy, you said.

You are just confused. Don’t tell anyone. Don’t make it such a big deal. Don’t tell anyone. Don’t TELL ANYONE.     You are just confused.

You were so concerned that I would be hurt by the outside world. Did you ever consider that the pain might be coming from within?

Don’t tell anyone. Maybe now is the time I want to shout it from the rooftops.

Don’t tell anyone. Maybe I want to be who I know I am.

Don’t tell anyone! I will be who I am, and stop hiding behind this wall you have put up to protect me? All it does is tear me down.

I never had much self esteem, but whenever you tell me to forget it, or act more like a girl, I just want to say,

I love who I am, and you can’t stop me from being me.