The End of the End

Sun, 01/29/2017 - 14:52 -- c_Lamar

Every year it happens.

The same cycle. Show up, sit down, go home.

Twelve years of repeating the same process so many

Take for granted and resent. I never saw it that way. I took

It all as a present. Every year, every book, every crayon, Every day.

This year however, the world seems to grow cold. Every class every subject

Grows old. It is the End of the End. Senior year. I look back on this year more often

Then previous years. This year, the proverbial "Glory Days" of everyone my age, leaves me scared.

It leaves me falling apart while falling down. Will I fail the Calc test? Will my crush say yes to the dance? Will God give me a chance? 

But who knew to hurt would feel this good. Soon be so far from home, and my fears will rest, so long. I'll miss all my friends, and my teachers.

I'll miss the days I forgot the homework a, I"ll miss the way the mat felt after practice, I'll miss the make-up work from being sick.

But truth, those are the reasons I will leave. I will long for them back, but that is how it is meant to be. To be in your heart and

in your soul. In your blood and in your soul. The memories we leave behind make us who we are. It makes us better.

The lessons we learned and still have to learn are a part of life. Yes, looking back this is when we will truly be

free. But, while we reminisce on these times, we must face the harsh reality of the future with the same 

headstrong attitudes we had when learning how to ride a bike, or when we shotgunned a can of 

rootbeer at Orange Soda at Tommy's place because we wanted to party like adults. 

But soon we will watch our own children do the same, brilliantly idotic things

we did. So in truth this is not the End of the End. This is the 

Start of the Beginning.